Read the job description below. To apply, submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
1. Pastry Staff (Part-Time)
Job Title: Pastry Staff (Part-Time)
|Job Code: Cafe
|Salary Range: $17.00-$19.00
|Date Last Updated: 1/2024
A Place at the Table (APATT) is a non-profit pay what you can cafe that is located in downtown Raleigh. Our mission is to provide community and good food for all regardless of means. We have a welcoming and inviting space that provides an opportunity for all people to experience conversation and community while enjoying an excellent, fresh, and healthy meal.
The Baker / Kitchen Staff will represent the values of APATT and be dedicated to the goal of bringing the community together with nutritious food. This position will be in the back of the house, working with the Head Pastry Chef, General Manager and Chef De Cuisine as needed. This position will mostly be baking and preparing breakfast pastries, however you will perform a variety of tasks, from preparing food, to stocking supplies, greeting customers, and answering questions. To achieve this you’ll need to be comfortable working with all types of people.
All cafe staff are expected to represent the values of A Place at the Table and be dedicated to the goal of listening and addressing the needs and concerns of all in our community including our patrons and volunteers. Part of every cafe employee’s job is fostering an environment where everyone is welcome and feels a sense of belonging.
Principal duties and responsibilities for the back of the house:
● Available to work MORNINGS and WEEKENDS
● Prepare nutritious menu items that taste great and use fresh ingredients
● Execute Sweet and Savory Pastry Recipes and Assist in Prep as needed.
● Maintain appropriate stock and prepare orders as necessary
● Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times
● Execute back of the house opening and closing duties
● 1+ years of experience preparing and serving food. This includes experience in doughs (pies, biscuits, cinnamon rolls, etc.)
● Scratch baking and recipe execution experience
● Servsafe certified – preferred
● Computer literate – proficient in Excel, point of sale systems, internet and email applications
● Experience working in nonprofit either working or volunteering preferred
● Able to prioritize, exercise good judgment and make sound decisions quickly
● Able to lift up to 50lbs. up and down stairs multiple times daily
● Able to work quickly and accurately during busy periods
● Able to collaborate with all staff to ensure organization mission is achieved
● Adaptable, creative, and takes initiative
● Excellent time management skills
● Stellar customer service skills
● Reliable, trustworthy, and open to learning new ways of doing things
This Position Description is not meant to be all-inclusive and is subject to change.