Read the job description below. To apply, submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
1. Line Cook (Part-Time Weekends)
Job Title: Line Cook (Part-Time Weekends)
|Job Code: Cafe||Reports to: Executive Chef|
|Salary Range: $17-$19||Benefits: N/A|
|Date Last Updated: 1/2023||FLSA Category: Non-Exempt|
A Place at the Table (APATT) is a non-profit pay what you can cafe that is located in downtown Raleigh. Our
mission is to provide community and good food for all regardless of means. We have a welcoming and inviting
space that provides an opportunity for all people to experience conversation and community while enjoying an
excellent, fresh, and healthy meal.
The Line Cook will represent the values of A Place at the Table, bringing people together around good food.
This position will rotate between Line Cook and Prep position, working with the Café Manager, Operations
Director, and Chef de Cuisine as needed. You will perform a variety of tasks, from preparing food, canning
preserved foods, training kitchen-volunteers, creating specials, and answering questions. To achieve this you’ll
need to be comfortable working with all types of people. A Place at the Table partners with Raleigh City Farm
where we source fresh produce grown blocks away. Kitchen staff are encouraged to bring their own creativity to
All cafe staff are expected to represent the values of A Place at the Table and be dedicated to the goal of
listening and addressing the needs and concerns of all in our community including our patrons and volunteers.
Part of every cafe employee’s job is fostering an environment where everyone is welcome and feels a sense of
Principal duties and responsibilities:
● Committed to the mission
● Work with Chef de Cuisine to create nutritious menu items that taste great and use fresh ingredients
that are cost effective
● Employ food safety and sanitation best practices and makes sure that all kitchen staff members do the
● Work with Chef de Cuisine to maintain appropriate stock and prepare orders as necessary
● Work with Kitchen Volunteers ensuring proper training and recipe execution.
● Work quickly and accurately during busy periods
● Collaborate with all staff to ensure organization mission is achieved
● Collaborate with all staff to ensure all Standard Operating Procedures are followed by Staff.
● Maintain Variance Operations to ensure the continued certification of products.
● Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times
● Greet customers
● Interact in a positive manner with all of the Table Community, including patrons and volunteers
● Passion for Table’s mission
● Must be available weekend mornings Friday-Sunday
● 3+ years of line cook experience in scratch kitchen with references
● Comfortable interacting will all people
● Servsafe certified
● Computer literate – proficient in Excel, internet and email applications
● Experience working in nonprofit either working or volunteering preferred
● Able to prioritize, make decisions quickly that are sound and exercise good judgment
● Able to collaborate with all staff to ensure organization mission is achieved
● Adaptable, creative, takes initiative
● Reliable, trustworthy, and open to learning new ways of doing things
● Physically fit to stand for 8 hours and lift 50 lbs up and down stairs
This Position Description is not meant to be all-inclusive and is subject to change.