I have to start this month by telling you about something new that’s kicked off at Table–something that gets at the very heart of what we do here. Y’all already know we build community around good food, but now–thanks to our rockstar Cafe Manager, Amanda–we’re also taking that community to the asphalt! Here’s a bit from Amanda about the new Table Walk/Run Club:
“I started this run club because I wanted to share the welcoming magic of Table through fitness. To me, fitness is not only important for my physical health, but it is MOST important for my mental health. Through exercise I am able to decompress from the stressors of my day. Literally sweat it out! I want that for our community too. My hope is that people will feel compelled to join our club and get to build that connection with us.”
I mean, how can you resist that? We’ve already hit the ground running (ha!) with a successful first Sunday: 30 people showed up to run and walk together, and you better believe the Table spirit was there too. Please mark your calendars for the last Sunday of every month… our next Run & Walk Club is on Sunday April 30th at 9:30am!
Here are a few other cafe updates, lightning-round style:
- Come meet Roe & Zoe! They’re our new security folks, and their firm and welcoming presence keeps our cafe as it was meant to be: a place for community and good food. I think you’ll love them both: they bring Table vibes. (And they both love our food!)
- Andrew, our Director of Operations, is heading on sabbatical for 6 weeks. We will miss him while he’s out adventuring. But we could not be more excited for him!
- Table’s got new team members! Learn about them here, and then pop by to give them a warm Table welcome.
- We haven’t officially announced it yet, so you heard it here first: our pay-what-you-can FOOD TRUCK RODEO is back again! We can’t wait to see you on June 4th.
- Spring has sprung (finally!) and our menu shows it! Pop by to try our specials.
Alright, Table family. You know how this ends, and I never get tired of saying it. THANK YOU. Thank you for making this community happen, for making possible community and good food for all. I couldn’t do it without you…and I also wouldn’t want to.
See you at the Table soon,
Our staff close early monthly and we hang with each other, do some sort of training, and/or catch up on all the monthly happenings. We always have a fun icebreaker question. SO..I’ll be asking you the same one in these newsletters. I would love to hear your response back.
Last month’s question was:
What is your favorite Girl Scout cookie?
And…..I received an overwhelming amount of responses that the THIN MINT is the top fav.
And this month’s question is..
Favorite place to get pizza and/or favorite pizza to make?